Subject: Survey about gender equality and diversity within FOSS

Survey about gender equality and diversity within FOSS

From: Hugo Heden <hugoheden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 21:05:32 +0200

Hi all,

I just saw on Planet Mozilla <http://planet.mozilla.org> that they're
looking for people to fill in a questionnaire about gender equality and
diversity within the FOSS movement.

I figured that this may be interesting given the discussions we've been
having here during the last week.

Link to blog post:
http://blog.lebedel.net/index.php?post/2010/09/03/Please-Answer-the-OWF-GED-Survey!<http://blog.lebedel.net/index.php?post/2010/09/03/Please-Answer-the-OWF-GED-Survey%21>(I'll
also paste the content below for your convenience).

 - Hugo

--
*"Open World Forum - Gender Equality and Diversity" (OWF-GED) is a
non-profit organization for free/open source experts, managers and
contributors wishing to help shape a more open and diverse free/open source
world. *
*We think that the free/open source world is based on strong values, such as
liberty, altruism and collaboration. And yet, it seems that the free/open
source world does not equally address both men and women. In order to better
understand the place of women in the free/open source world, we have
developed a survey for the communities, companies and players of the
free/open source world. *
*As a member of the Free/open source world, your opinion is very important
to us. We would be truly thankful if you could take no more than 10 minutes
to complete the following questionnaire: *
*http://owf-ged-poll.limequery.com/71557*
*The results will be analysed by researchers in Education Sciences at Paris
Descartes University and released at the Open World Forum on September 30th
in Paris: www.openworldforum.org.*
*Should you have any questions, comments or wish to contact us, please send
an email to owf-ged_at_april.org*
*We thank you for your contribution! *
*On behalf of the Diversity Summit Team,*
*Delphine*
*
*