Subject: Re: apt-get telefon

Re: apt-get telefon

From: Jeremiah Foster <jeremiah_at_jeremiahfoster.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:27:23 +0200

The best way to get a terminal on the N900 is to install the terminal program from Maemo.org. (You'll have to be in the Maemo OS to do that.)

Once you've installed a terminal, you can get root access with 'sudo gainroot' which drops you into a root term. Then you can just apt-get openssh, or if you prefer, download and install through the Maemo package manager (you may need to enable some of the 'extras' repositories to do that.)

Underneath Maemo is a pretty full Debian install and you can install other OSes in chroots if you like, including MeeGo and Android.

Jeremiah