Subject: Re: CS: Inget intresse för Linux på kontorsdatorn

Re: CS: Inget intresse för Linux på kontorsdatorn

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:06:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Jeremiah Foster wrote:

> I disagree - it is "Open Source", at least in some ways. It isn't "Free
> Software" and the difference between the two is huge. Free Software
> preserves the Freedoms of the user so they're not blackmailed for license
> money.

I strongly disagree. Free Software and Open Source are technically the same
thing. To be open source you must comply to the ten rules, to be free software
you must comply to the 4 freedoms. That's also why most open source licenses
are also free software licenses and vice versa.

The differences between the two "teams" exist in pure philosophy. What the
utter goal is. What the point of the licences are. What's considered a worthy
sacrifize. What licenses to prefer. And so on.

Remember that BSD and MIT licensed programs are 100% free software as well.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se