Subject: Welcome to the first Swedish Storage event in Stockholm 4th of September

Welcome to the first Swedish Storage event in Stockholm 4th of September

From: Red Hat <email_at_engage.redhat.com>
Date: 25 Jun 2013 05:44:55 -0400

Red Hat

Greetings from the Gluster Community! We are writing to invite you to our first Swedish Storage event, which will take place on the 4th of September in Stockholm. The purpose of this event is to introduce students, faculty and members of industry to all that the Gluster Community has to offer for participants interested in learning about cloud-based storage, big data and participating as users or contributors in an open source community. You can learn more about the Gluster Community here <http://app.engage.redhat.com/e/er?s=1795&lid=9030&elq=98140af9e598498aa9e3fe91ed7a269c>

Where: Lundqvist & Lindqvist, Klarabergsviadukten 90
When: 4th of September
Time: 14:00 - 20.00

GlusterFS, the flagship project of the Gluster Community Forge, is an easy-to-use distributed storage system that isn't exactly a filesystem. It's a Lego-like toolkit for building filesystems, with an extremely flexible architecture that allows developers to create any kind of distributed data system required. GlusterFS also integrates well with the OpenStack software suite, the emerging leader in creating and managing private and public clouds.

GlusterFS currently is use in a wide variety of academic and research institutions, including CERN, Harvard University, Lunds Universitet and KTH. Also SVT (Swedish Television) is using GlusterFS in their Migration, Archiving and Editing environments and we are delighted to have a guest speaker from SVT talk to this. Furthermore, attendees will be treated to be case studies focusing on the use of GlusterFS in these institutions, including:

*Ways that GlusterFS is used in the labs that cracked the human genome at the University of Madison Stories of student systems administrators using Gluster in production at their universities' labs

*SVT (Swedish Television) guest speaker. How GlusterFS powers the Oregon Virtual School District, an online system for providing virtual learning to thousands of students in the Pacific Northwest, USA

*Information on participating as a developer in the Gluster community whilst a student, through the lens of its student intern currently engaged in the Google Summer of Code 2013 program (in partnership with the Ganeti community)
*How to get involved in the Gluster community as a user, developer, tester and more

We hope you will be able to join us on the 4th of September. Registration is free of charge and the event is open to the public, but we will need you to RSVP for your place so we have an accurate headcount.

Please register for the event and to be kept up to date on new additions to the schedule as the program takes shape.

Best,
John Mark Walker, Director of the Gluster Community
"Register Now" <https://engage.redhat.com/forms/SE_Gluster040913?sc_cid=70160000000bWNAAA2&elq=98140af9e598498aa9e3fe91ed7a269c>

"Red Hat" and the "Shadowman" logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.

©2012 Red Hat, Inc. All rights reserved.

Red Hat AB
Kista Science Tower
Färögatan 33 SE-164 51
Kista, Sweden