Subject: Re: Political correctness in FOSS

Re: Political correctness in FOSS

From: Joakim Signal <tut_at_lysator.liu.se>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:32:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, at 10:37, Per Andersson wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Andreas Hedström <ahedstrom_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> In the thread with topic: "Re: apt-get telefon (N900)" the following
>> statements was recently posted:

I don't like jokes that are degrading to women (that joke wasn't though).
But the notion that we must never exclude or offend anyone gets absurd when
driven too far.
I'm getting the bad old "Won't someone _please_ think of the children!?"
feeling here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_interests_(reasoning)#In_popular_media

P.S. Here are some nerdy comics that are offensive and excluding, so that we
can bring balance to The Force, and perhaps even have a laugh:

http://www.geekherocomic.com/2008/09/03/not-humans/
http://www.geekherocomic.com/comics-highres/2009-01-30-boris.png

/Joakim